REF
Hey sexy! ;D Make sure to sign up to become part of the REF family!

REF, bringing you the latest in things that are whacked out, stupid and down right nasty. Just so your day of filth can be complete.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to Radiant Eclipse Forum, register and join in on the fun!
UPDATE! 1. New Site Banner 2. Navbar Updgraded 3. Effects added to avatar pictures and navbar (hover effects). 4. Blogs initiated (shop to buy your own) 5. More to come, keep on the lookout
UPDATE! 1. New Site Banner 2. Navbar Updgraded 3. Effects added to avatar pictures and navbar (hover effects). 4. Blogs initiated (shop to buy your own) 5. More to come, keep on the lookout
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» How are you?
9/28/2014, 03:43 by tdbnz

» my website
3/27/2013, 15:19 by tdbnz

» I am back
3/27/2013, 15:19 by tdbnz

» Suggestion and questions.
12/22/2012, 00:18 by Fiction

» Thomas here
12/12/2012, 21:48 by TH0MASS

» Roach's Holiday Wishlist
12/4/2012, 06:28 by Assassin

» Secret Santa
12/1/2012, 02:59 by Assassin

» The Insane Bane Training Program
12/1/2012, 02:16 by Assassin

» Gangnam Style.
12/1/2012, 01:50 by Fiction

Poll
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Trick to make school essays: LONGER!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roach

REFCents : 267
Rep : 5

PostSubject: Trick to make school essays: LONGER!   11/14/2012, 21:46

Being asked to write an essay on a subject you do or don't know much about can be tough, so finding the right words to fill out the essay could feel like you're grasping at straws to try and build something, anything, that vaguely resembles an essay. When all seems lost, this guide should help you out.

Having a teacher give you those dreaded words out in the middle of class when you were just having a wonderful day,"Writing assignment, required so and so words and you will have to turn it in tomorrow!". Well there is no easy way of saying this, but you could simply cheat yourself out of writing all those words or required pages that the teacher may want you to do. There are steps that you can take (that I will post below) that will allow you to give the impression or illusion, that you busted your ass on this half worked on essay! Lazy students, I salute you.

1. Format your heading. In the upper right hand corner, type your name, the date, the assignment name, the class, and your educator's last name. Give each element its own line.

2. Format your title. Once you choose your essay title, write it at the top of the page. Choose a big font size––you can even make it bold and underlined. It helps if you choose a fancy big font. If your title is long, break it in the middle so it takes up two lines instead of one. However, be careful, because if it is too large it will be obvious that you are trying to make the essay seem larger.

3. Make use of line breaks. Every time you have to hit the return key, hit it twice. Since it is likely that your paper is spaced, you'll be getting two extra lines––two less lines that you have to write! This can be done after the heading, after the title, and between each paragraph.

4. Pay attention to font and font size. Your educator will most likely make you use the Times New Roman font at 12pt. If you're only turning in a hard copy, make it 12.5 (or 12.3) pt instead. Of course, overriding their preference is at great risk to your results. Also, do a find/replace (COMMAND+F) and replace all periods and commas with a 14 pt font. It's not noticeable while reading, but it does make the paper appear longer.

5. Use line spacing. In Word 2007 and 2010, select all the text in your paper, then click Home → Paragraph → and find the little icon that looks like it's stretching out the text. You can customize line spacing to be anything you want. 2.25 doesn't look obviously different from 2.0.

6. Play with the margins. Change the margins of the paper just enough so that it's not too obvious. The margin at the bottom of the page is usually easiest to manipulate.

7. Focus on character spacing. This one is a little less common, so it works well. Click on Format → Font, go to Character Spacing, and choose expanded spacing. This makes the spacing in between letters a little larger and is not very noticeable.

8. Bold important words and phrases. Bolding takes up more space. After you type up your paper make some of it bold. Only highlight some of the text, such as a specific point and don't make it too obvious.
    Be careful here, as some educators do not want anything in the paper underlined or bolded.

9. Make use of footers. Thease can move your bottem margins up, which means less on a page, so you have to write less.
    Add info like the page number and your name at the bottem, which adds fuctionality and you can bring the bottem margin up to put less on a page. Do not have the words right at the bottem, have a line or two after them to give some space and give you a reason to move the margin up.
    Make sure not to have your name twice on the first page.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiction

REFCents : 164
Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Trick to make school essays: LONGER!   11/14/2012, 21:55

This applies to me, i'm supposed to write an essay on Kurt Cobain due tomorrow, and this'll make it look lengthy, cause you know, teachers like it lengthy xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xradianteclipse.forumotion.com
Roach

PostSubject: Re: Trick to make school essays: LONGER!   11/14/2012, 22:08

I applaud you for picking Kurt as a topic of study. He is certainly interesting and a founding of music that today still many people find absolutely amazing. Sadly though you will have to include his suicide, which is tragic. I hope this how to gets you that long looking 20 page essay look xD. Your teacher will give you many things for this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TH0MASS

REFCents : 18
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Trick to make school essays: LONGER!   11/29/2012, 19:02

Length isn't the big matter here. You need paragraphs not space. My teachers never give a shit about how long it is, although I don't intend for that to apply for you too. But my teachers want full paragraphs not just a long story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roach

PostSubject: Re: Trick to make school essays: LONGER!   11/29/2012, 21:44

A majority of schools factor in the amount of pages you turn in. Considering teachers in Florida are highly lazy, they just count the number of pages you have turned in on the due date and they are satisfied, dependent upon the teacher of course. You couldnt just hand in a piece of paper that had nothing but the word "floppy dildo" written 5,000+ times on a few pieces of paper and expect to just them count the pages and give you an A+ haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trick to make school essays: LONGER!   

Back to top Go down

Trick to make school essays: LONGER!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1